Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the holder will be responsible and accountable for segment marketing, brand and marketing communication trade marketing and marketing effectiveness. Principal accountability and measurement of success will be on achieving set objectives on brand equity score, net promotor score and marketing contribution to product penetration, segment growth and overall revenue and transaction delivered.
THE WAY WE WORK:
You are commercially astute and committed to marketing efforts that deliver commercial results as well as managing the marketing team. You will be the segment marketing manager for the B2B unit. You are up-to-date, exuberant, open-minded, passionate, and the way you work energizes others. You are reliable, committed to the timely delivery of a job well done and behave with integrity.
• Translate annual business plan into annual marketing plan with clear and measurable marketing programmes across segments, products and brand building.
• Define, own and manage the annual marketing budget with strong emphasis on Return On Marketing Investment (ROMI) and marketing effectiveness.
• Inspire and lead the segment marketing team and marcomms team in the execution of planned campaigns as per the marketing roadmap.
• Drive greater end-to-end alignment with commercial teams in launching / re-launching products/propositions/initiatives roadmap
• Build and Manage an Annual Media Plan
• Perform all managerial HR tasks in accordance with Tigo People Policies
• Be the chief custodian of the Tigo brand in Rwanda with responsibility for the development of all Tigo brand communication assets and KPIs;
• Manage a fully functioning in-house creative team and all external agencies, ensuring all assets are aligned to Tigo brand design & equity objectives
• Regularly monitoring of brand tracker scores, and setting action plans to set targets and KPIs
• Works to ensure synergy between Brands and corporate communications team to ensure single message communication across platforms
• Responsible for the management of creative agencies and Media Agencies;
• Analyze product/service performance and prepare market feedback report
TRADE MARKETING & SALES ENABLEMENT
• Own the trade marketing and sales enablement strategy driving the best visibility for Tigo Cash in Rwanda.
• Collaborate with Sales team in developing an executable trade marketing and sales enablement plan with clear metrics.
• Manage the deployment of POSMs across all customer touchpoints.
• Develop, maintain and execute a plan for experiential activities focusing on consumer education and engagements including roadshows and other activations.
• Own the trade channel communications input in all product marketing campaigns.
• Review and revamp a catalogue of POS items and collaterals focusing on innovation and cost-effectiveness.
MEDIA & CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
• Work with consumer insights, Media Team, Brands team and regional marketing team to develop annual media plans and KPIs
• Collaborate with Supply Chain in all media buying contract negotiations
• Determine the most effective media mix for Tigo Rwanda with consideration for an effective utilization of paid, earned and owned media.
• Continuously analyse of media landscape and competitors media activities for feedback to marketing team
LEADERSHIP & TEAM MANAGEMENT
• Exemplify Tigo brand, culture and values and instil these in the team
• Provide tactical guidance and strategic direction to the team and ensure that staff have clear roles and are executing to an excellent standard
• Cascade goals, motivate and manage team performance (set objectives and KPIs, maintain frequent updates and review meetings, assess and address performance issues)
• Ensure that the team is equipped with adequate and appropriate resources for the execution of the strategy.